How to Keep Your Tulips Standing Up Straight
By Ashley Dyer
Spring flowers are starting to fill up our retail store!
Tulips are always a popular choice this time of year, but if you have trouble keeping your tulips upright, follow these steps to keep them standing at attention!
- Grab a clean supportive vase and fill it half way with cold water.
- Drop a penny into the water. Believe it or not, the copper in the penny will help the tulips stand up straighter!
- Prep your tulips by removing the bottom one or two leaves (just enough to keep the greens out of the water) but leave at least one on top.
- Cut all of your tulip stems at a 45 degree angle and place them in your vase.
- Give them about an hour to stand up straight and tall in their vase.
- Check the water level every other day.
- As a reminder, tulips kept in a cool location will always last longer.
- Finally, change your vase water completely every 3 days along with a fresh cut to prolong your tulips.
By following these steps, your tulips will truly shine this spring!